The University of Florida Department of Surgery assists and provides residency and fellowship training verification when submitting the following:
- Your institution’s official Release of Information Form, signed by the resident, fellow, or adjunct clinical post-doctorial. The request accompanying the Release of Information Form should have clear instructions on the documentation needed, where to send the documentation, and a contact person should there be additional questions.
- Payment for Verification of Training – Requests will not be fulfilled until payment is received.
All verifications and references apply to graduates of the General Surgery Residency and Sub-Specialty Surgery Residency & Fellowship training programs at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. We do NOT provide verifications for the College of Medicine’s Medical Doctor (MD) or Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) degree programs.
It is policy at the University of Florida that we charge your institution or agency for verification of residency and fellowship training. We regret the inclusion of such charge, but the volume of requests has mandated resource recovery.
Submit Your Request:
- Email: SRG-SurgeryEducation@ad.ufl.edu – AND – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Please include the following information in the subject line of your request “Training Verification – John Doe”. Please replace John Doe with the legal first & last name of the individual at the time of their training.
- DO NOT include Social Security numbers with your email request.
- Fax: +1 (352) 265-3292 – Attn: Michelle DiGiacomo
The fee for each verification of training is $25.00. Urgent request fees will be processed at the rate of $50.00 per verification.
We accept checks or money orders only. We cannot accept credit cards. When sending in a check or money order please identify the applicant by their full name in the memo section of the check or money order. All requests are handled in the order that payment is received. Allow at least two weeks processing time and plan accordingly. All “rush” or “urgent” requests will be moved up in priority once payment is received.
Check/Money orders should be made out to the “Florida Clinical Practice Association” and should be sent to:
UF Health Shands
Department of Surgery
Surgical Education Office
Attn: Michelle DiGiacomo
PO Box 100287
Gainesville, FL 32610