Five Department of Surgery Faculty Recognized as Exemplary Teachers
- Jessica Cioffi, MD – assistant professor, division of surgical oncology
- Thomas Huber, MD, PhD – professor and chief, division of vascular surgery and endovascular therapy
- Alicia Mohr, MD – professor, division of acute care surgery
- George Sarosi, MD – Robert H. Hux Professor, division of surgical oncology
- Janice Taylor, MD – assistant professor, division of pediatric surgery
Eligible faculty are nominated from each department within the UF College of Medicine and participate in a college-wide competition to receive an incentive. Faculty are selected based on the excellence of their teaching of medical students, residents and fellows, graduate students, post-docs and mentorship of other faculty.
Each exemplary teacher receives a lapel pin each year they are recognized as an exemplary teacher. First time exemplary teachers receive a plaque and every milestone year (fifth, tenth, etc.), they will receive a commemorative award from the Office of Educational Affairs. Each member is invited to the annual Medical Education Reception to be held in March 2019 and will be acknowledged in the program.