Rick Brian Stevens, M.D., PhD, FACS
- Medical degree: University of California Davis School of Medicine
- General surgery residency and surgical internship: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics
- Medical research fellowship: Department of Surgery, Duke University and Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Surgical endoscopy fellowship: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics
- Transplantation fellowship: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics
- Transplant immunology doctorate degree: University of Minnesota Medical School
Prior to joining UF, Dr. Stevens served as the surgical director of the Miami Valley Hospital transplant program in Dayton, Ohio. He also was a professor of surgery at the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, also in Dayton. He is a fellow in the American College of Surgeons and a member of numerous medical societies. His research interests are translational and clinical research aimed at optimizing cellular and solid-organ transplant outcomes. Dr. Stevens performs surgeries on behalf of the UF Department of Surgery at Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola, Florida.